My Theory on all this body shaming

When did body shaming even become a thing? It seems that too many people have something to say about someone else when they were never even asked for their opinion. I know, I'm volunteering my unsolicited opinion right now. I have to work on that. As usual, women, particularly celebrity women are the targets of these mean spirited attacks. The externalities are that these attacks get filtered down both consciously and subconsciously to non-celebrity women thus fueling a multi billion dollar industry that preys on women's insecurities and emotions. Hmmm. Is that it? Ladies, as long as your comfortable with your bodies that's all that matters. Sadly these people with negative opinions that they volunteer (I try to keep mine positive) are more likely projections of whatever unaddressed obstacles they have going on within themselves, unfortunate attempts to gain attention or a combination of both.

Comments

Popular Posts