The First Step In Fulfiling Your Vision Is To First Create It

Thoughts are some of the purest creations we humans are capable of. As wonderful as being a parent is, no individual is capable of molding their child into their ideal liking as any parent of an adolescent can attest to. While it is in our thoughts we are truly limitless and have no boundaries other than those we put in place ourselves.

The dawn of the new year is always fertile ground for resolutions and promises. We've all made them and I will spare you the statistics as to the rate at which they meet their demise. (One of my resolutions is to be as positive as possible). As I myself started to get restless this New Year's Day I wondered what it is I can do to productively break out of my funk. I thought about going to walk around the mall but feared I may spend money I don't have. I know I must stay out of the kitchen otherwise I may eat simply out of boredom. Then I got to thinking. What did the artists and writers of those grand historical periods do with most of their days? Then I recalled reading that Voltaire once wrote for eighteen hours straight because his vision compelled him to.

I speak regularly about the importance of setting goals. The power behind this gives us direction and enables us to focus our efforts. Before we set our goals though we must have a vision. A vision is that picture, that dream, those thoughts that know no limits. Sagrada Familia, The Tomb of the Popes, The Bronze Doors of the Florence Baptistry, now these were visions! Gaudi, Michelangelo, and Lorenzo Ghiberti are three artists we can all learn something from. Make crystal clear your visions and dreams.

You can not get what you want if you do not clearly define what you want. Anything you get that was not clearly defined before hand is not something you wanted, it is something you settled for. Know the difference between the two.

There is a reason why those who clearly define their goals and write them down have an astronomically higher attainment rate of their goals than those who don't practice this. You lack direction and drive without clearly defining what you want and this holds true for every aspect of everything you can possibly want in your life. We are all essentially creators. What we create is our choice. Our default setting is to be a lamp. Just to spray light in general. It takes mindfulness and practice to become a laser. Harnessing the same amount of energy but the concentration of such produces something incredibly more powerful because it is focused. Make clearly defining your visions, dreams and goals your top resolution for the year and watch how powerful you will become.

Comments

Popular Posts